For nearly 40 years, The Magic of Christmas has been bringing Christmas into the homes and hearts of Calgarians who need it most.
Each year on Christmas Eve, the successful charity transforms Calgary Transit buses into “Santa’s reindeer”. Loaded with gifts, and with over 6,000 of Santa’s elves including the big man himself – these volunteers visit over 650 families across the city, and 4,500 people in hospitals, care homes and other institutions to deliver food hampers, gifts, joy and hugs for the holiday season.
This year, Universal Ford Lincoln is supporting the magic by becoming a drop-off location for unwrapped gifts and other donations supporting The Magic of Christmas, so stop by and drop off a few requested items today! We are accepting donations for infants, children, teens, parents and grandparents, and Universal Ford Lincoln is located at 2800 Barlow Trail NE.
Additionally, Universal Ford Lincoln is sponsoring the new “Santa Hot Shot Service”, providing a fleet of vehicles and a 1-Ton cube van to deliver over-sized items and special deliveries to transition housing, seniors centers and more!
The Magic of Christmas has been creating magical holiday experiences for recipients and volunteers alike for decades. Greg Girard, one of Universal Ford Lincoln’s top marketers, loved his experience volunteering with the group.
“We showed up on Christmas Eve to a warehouse bustling with activity. People were organizing donations and loading buses, and the room was alive with festive songs and Christmas spirit. After dawning our elfly attire, we visited lots of people, including seniors and young families. Everyone we visited was filled with so much gratitude and appreciation, and it felt great knowing I made a difference in so many peoples lives, in just one special day full of giving and joy. I met some great volunteers and even made some friends.” Says Girard.
Universal Ford Lincoln was acquired by Kaizen Automotive Group in 2019. With eight dealerships in and around Calgary, Universal Ford Lincoln isn’t the only Kaizen dealership helping. You can also drop off donations at CMP Auto, Shaw GMC, Sunridge Nissan, Country Hills Nissan, Country Hills Hyundai, Okotoks GM, and Strathmore Ford.
Universal Ford Lincoln and Kaizen Automotive Group are proud partners of The Magic of Christmas, and together we look forward to bringing even more cheer to families and individuals in need over the holidays. Thank you for your support, Calgary
Feel the power of a Mustang! The iconic Ford Mustang has been one of the most successful car launches in the history of Ford. Over the last 50 years, it has won countless awards and undergone many transformations to its current styling. It remains still today, an Icon!
Well known for its power, handling abilities and incredible looks, Mustang owners take pride in their ride. You’ll find fan clubs in communities around the globe, dedicated social media pages and websites, even Youtube channels exclusively for the Ford Mustang.
Our team here at Universal Ford Lincoln put together this little video illustrating 7 Things Every Mustang Owner Can Relate Too. Enjoy the video and remember… It’s not just a car, it’s a lifestyle!
Top 10 Road Trip Destinations for Alberta and British Columbia
Sometimes, the road will always be the last resort for those people who would like to make their life to the fullest. Having a road trip on a beautiful place will surely make everything memorable at the same nostalgic since you will be able to think about the happy memories that you have gained. And road trips are best enjoyed if you have the best people to laugh and sing with while you are inside the car.
Alberta and British Columbia are destinations that will surely make your road trips the best among others. These places offer scenic views which can make every road trip worthy.
ROAD TRIP DESTINATIONS IN ALBERTA
Alberta is a place in Canada where you can witness diversity. With its breathtaking and majestic views, surely, every road trip will be fed fully. Also, in this place, you can get in touch with nature better and will have the chance to see the wildlife.
Planning to have an Alberta road trip? Well, here are the destinations that you should not miss.
Wood Buffalo Park
If you want to enjoy your road trip by stopping at the biggest national park in Canada, the Wood Buffalo Park is a great destination. This is situated on Alberta’s Northeastern part and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can enjoy the rivers that surround the park but it is always best to bring your safety and first aid kits.
Want to see one of the most photographed lakes? Then Lake Louise is another road trip destination that you should not miss. Named for Queen Victoria’s daughter, the lake is found on Banff north which will truly make your trip the best one. In this destination, you can witness the castle-like Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel where you can enjoy your meals and drinks while watching the spectacular view.
Just a two hours’ drive on Calgary’s south, Crowsnest Pass is another destination to not miss for road trips. In this place, you can enjoy your lunch at the Turner and Black Diamond Valley. See the wonderful livestock, foothills, and wind farms in the area and eat some beef jerky from Longview.
Want to visit a place during your road trip in Alberta where dinosaurs existed millions of years ago? Well, the Badlands is the place to be. This is one famous destination in Alberta that you should never miss out because you can enjoy some activities that will surely make your road trip worthwhile. You can do skydiving, bird watching and stroll at The Badlands.
If you truly want to experience the diversity that Alberta offers, Longview Village should be included in your bucket list. This village is visited by several road trippers because it offers a unique vibe which will make you feel at home. You can enjoy the village with your family and friends by dining, attending events, watching entertainment, and more.
ROAD TRIP DESTINATIONS IN BRITISH COLUMBIA
British Columbia is another place in Canada where you can enjoy your road trip. In this place, your road trip will be given a life that you have never experienced from other places.
If you want to complete your British Columbia road trip with a bang, here are the destinations that you should visit when you plan to have a road trip.
Othello Tunnels is a place where you can stop by when you are on a road trip. Located in Hope, British Columbia, you can stroll on the tunnels abandoned while it is surrounded with a majestic canyon. If you are worrying any fee, well, Othello Tunnels is free to explore. It is only an hour and fifteen minutes travel from Vancouver.
Located in Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, this wine oasis is a great destination that you should never miss when you are having a road trip in British Columbia. Okanagan is being flocked because of the paradise that it offers to wine lovers. This is perfect for wine enthusiasts and also to people who don’t have an interest in wines. The place offers spectacular views, ski resorts, small towns, amazing beaches, pristine lakes, and more. You can also enjoy a drive to the Coquihalla highway.
Looking for a serene place where you can enjoy and relax with nature after some hours of driving? Then, Mayne Island is the sweetest escape that you can find at British Columbia. This island is filled with accommodations that give a homey feeling. Also, the Mayne Island will help you get closer to nature and will truly give you a privacy that you cannot experience from others.
Do you love surfing? Would you like to combine surfing and road trip? Then, in British Columbia, you can make it happen. Sombrio Beach is a haven for surfers. This is located on Vancouver Island and is considered as the best place to surf. The beach is 29 kilometers away from the Juan de Fuca Marine Trail. Also, you can enjoy hiking and camping in this place.
Yoho National Park
This 2017, national parks in Canada are offered for free and if you want to reach one of the best national parks in British Columbia, then the Yoho National Park is the one. It has pristine lakes, 28 peaks, and waterfalls that will surely make your trip unforgettable. But make sure before you bound to this park, you have already signed up in order to get a free pass. Yoho National Park is situated in Field, British Columbia.
Alberta and British Columbia are places that will fulfill your wanderlust soul when it comes to road trips. These places are providing the best views in Canada which will truly make your trip truly worth your time and will never give regrets.
If you want to enjoy your road trip and make it the best adventure of your life, then doing this activity in Alberta and British Columbia is a good decision. You will not only see majestic sceneries but will also make memories.
Imagine never having that embarrassing feeling of not knowing where you parked.
If you are a Ford owner of a 2017 Ford F-150, Ford Escape or Ford Fusion and your car has been equipped with SYNC Connect, SYNC 3 or SYNC Applink, you will be able to take advantage of FordPass. Ford’s mobile app that helps you find smarter ways to move.
FordPass not only allows you to see the location of your parked vehicle, it also helps you find, reserve and pay for parking in commercial lots directly from the app!
FordPass also allows you to locate gas stations based on your preferences. You can filter by fuel grade or brand and quickly compare current pricing, saving you time and money.
FordPass finding smarter ways to move.
Do you prefer personalized attention? You can get one-on-one help from Ford Guides. They will help you with any needs or questions, just call or chat right from the app.
You can call for Roadside Assistance 24/7, for help with towing, jump starting, flat tires, delivering fuel and much more. Also find and reach your Ford dealer for services. Access your vehicle information and service needs right from your phone and even schedule your next service appointment easily. Get alerts and service reminders.
These are just a few of the many benefits that the FordPass app has. The way the world moves is changing. Download the app and help shape the way you move tomorrow.
Find more information on the FordPass App here https://www.fordpass.ca/en_us/app.html
Buying a used car can be intimidating. What’s more, it can often involve a significant cash commitment without any guarantees. With so many things to consider, it can be an overwhelming experience.
Thankfully, there’s plenty of information out there to help you make the right decision and guide you step-by-step through the car selection process. Here are some of the key points for you to consider:
- Test drive it – Make sure you test the brakes and the steering at different speeds. Your drive should be smooth and comfortable.
- Make sure you test for leakage – Park the car and let it run for five minutes. There shouldn’t be any fluid spots on the ground. Also, try to sniff the leakage inside, or look for water-damage signs. A heavy perfume smell inside might indicate that the seller is trying to mask the mildew.
- Look for signs of repair inside and out – If the car has been in an accident, this needs to be disclosed. You need to be shown where the repairs have been made and if the car has been repaired according to regulations. Look for any paint that doesn’t match, or for miss-aligned panels.
- Conduct a mechanic inspection – Take the car to a trusted mechanic or dealership to make sure you get an objective opinion on the state of the car and any future repairs you might need to make. Trusted dealers and mechanics can also help you assess the price of the car.
- Check the car history – Request the car service history, which will give you an indication of how and where the car was serviced, including any repairs that have been done. Keep in mind that some cars are sold because of reoccurring problems.
Now that you have done your due diligence and checked the items on your list, it’s time to think about the “what if” scenarios when making your decision.
- What if your new car breaks down in a month? Hopefully, you had your car inspected and you were aware of the repairs coming up. But, if you don’t like surprises, look for a reputable car dealership that offers a warranty on used cars.
We also provide a full AMVIC certified inspection that covers over 50 vehicle points. Undergoing this inspection takes a huge risk out of buying!
- What if you bought a vehicle that is not right for you? Don’t let anybody talk you into a ”great deal” or a vehicle that doesn’t meet your expectations. At Universal Ford Lincoln, our sales advisors are very knowledgeable about all vehicles we sell and their capabilities. We will take the time to find out about your needs and make recommendations accordingly. For example, if you need a vehicle that could tow 8,000 lbs, we would know exactly what type of vehicle to recommend. In other words, you won’t drive out of our lot with an Escape.
- What if there was a lien on the vehicle? At Universal Ford Lincoln, we offer fraud protection, including a guaranteed-no-lien on the vehicle. All your transactions will be safe and secure with us. Also, if you need financing, we have different options to accommodate your needs.
- What if the vehicle was in a previous accident and you didn’t know about it? Universal Ford Lincoln has a strict policy on full disclosure and transparency. We provide a CarProof report with every used car that includes the following:
- Accident and claim history
- Registration location history (Including USA)
- Guarantee that the odometer is showing the correct reading
- Assurance that all safety recalls are up to date
- What if you paid too much for the vehicle? At Universal Ford Lincoln, we take the guess work out of buying a vehicle. We do the research for you to make sure the vehicle you buy is priced competitively. We use powerful, live-market data available, surveying thousands of pre-owned websites across Canada. This ensures you receive real-time Market Pricing on every pre-owned vehicle we sell.
Buying a used car can be stressful. At Universal Ford Lincoln we do everything we can to make this a positive experience for you.
Accidents happen! If you have been in an accident and your car needs to be repaired, you might be looking for a body shop.
If your car has not been totaled it’s very important to make sure that the repairs will be done by a reputable body shop instead of one that will only focus on price. Even small dents in the bumper can damage the absorption material underneath weakening it for future collisions.
Make sure that your insurance company is working with reputable body shops, not just with shops based on price. Often, if you are not satisfied with the choice of your insurance company, you have the right to go with the shop you feel most comfortable with. Make sure you get the job done right!
Some points to keep in mind when choosing a reputable body shop:
- Get an accurate appraisal – Be aware that price is not the only indicator you need to pay attention to, and that you might not want to go with the cheapest option. At Universal Ford Lincoln, we offer free appraisals.
- Be well informed – Get a good understanding of the type of repair that needs to be performed. If shops are telling you different things, take it to a shop that is already known to be reputable. Universal’s body shop will walk you through each and every step of what needs to be done. This will give you more confidence on your decision.
- Make sure the shop you choose guarantees the work – you might find different types of warranties, some may have a time limit, or there might be a warranty on the paint or bodywork. Make sure you ask the right questions and know how long the warranty is for, and what it covers. Universal puts a lifetime guarantee on our work.
- You will also want to know about the materials the shop intends to use. Are new, used, or aftermarket body parts going to be installed? Make sure you understand the implications of used or aftermarket body parts. For example, if you are leasing a car you might not be able to return your car at the end of your contract if you have used aftermarket body parts. At Universal we only use genuine body parts and never cut corners by using non-OEM parts.
- Pay attention for signs of competency and professionalism:
- Look for a well-organized facility with modern equipment. Many manufacturers recommend specific repair procedures. At Universal Ford, we are trained on these procedures and we follow them carefully. With the new F-150 having a high-strength aluminum body we have state-of-the-art equipment allowing us to confidently work on this alloy.
- Look for signs of competency of the technical staff such as diplomas and advance course certificates.
- Look for professionalism at every level – Starting with the reception area, professionally run establishments have helpful staff willing to spend time with you and answer your questions.
- Look for customer reviews – Finally, do a little research online, look for customer reviews or social media networks such as Facebook, Google Reviews, or Yelp. It is important to see what people are saying about their experience with the business and also evaluate how the company is handling complaints.
Finding the right body shop might take a little more effort that you anticipated, but in the long term the results are worth it. Collect information to make the right decision, as it can protect a major investment. Come to Universal Ford Lincoln for your body shop needs, we’ll be happy to spend some time with you and be included as one of your choices.
All your bags are packed; you’re ready to go. You’re headed out of town for the holidays to visit friends and family (and hopefully somewhere much warmer than Calgary.)
The Holiday season is the busiest time of year for most families, especially if you are traveling as well! One of the last things on your mind is to schedule a service for your vehicle before you leave.
Then you remember the worst part of going on vacation – getting to the airport. You’re stuck either begging friends and family for a ride, overpaying for a taxi across town, or it’s the dreaded Park & Ride in freezing cold -20-degree weather.
If you’re headed out of town, Universal Ford has a better solution: drop your car off for its scheduled servicing appointment, and we will shuttle you to the airport and pick you up when you are back from your trip. Your car will be cleaned, serviced, and ready to go on our lot when you return!
Best of all, you won’t have to pay for parking and you’ll arrive to the airport relaxed and ready to start your holidays.
At Universal Ford, we’ve been offering this unique perk to Calgarians for years! We love seeing our customers returning from their trip, smiling, happy and relaxed with one less thing to worry about in the New Year.
Why not give it a try? Pick up the phone and book your service today (403) 291-2800, or book online (www.universalfordlincoln.com)
8 Winter Tire Tips
It’s that time of year, and our technicians at Universal Ford always get asked the same questions:
“Should we really change to winter tires?”
“Do winter tires really make a difference?”
“Do they really perform better, even if I already have a 4×4?”
We think that, deep down, everyone who asks probably already knows the answer, which is YES! We live in Calgary!
Winter here in Canada is different than it is for our neighbours to the south, which is where all-seasons are most heavily marketed. Our winters here get colder, which decreases performance of the rubber in all-season tires. Calgarians need winter tires, which are specifically designed to function in our winter temperatures to give you the extra stopping power and added traction in slick situations.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you stay safe (and warm) on the road this winter:
1. It’s a simple truth – winter tires just perform better than all-season tires. We even tested them out ourselves, right here in the Universal Ford Lincoln lot. Same vehicle, one with winter tires and one with all-season tires. We applied the brakes on a patch of ice and the stopping distance was noticeably longer with the all-season tires. When you think about a couple of inches that could make the difference from rear-ending someone (and the insurance nightmare that follows), the investment in winter tires starts to look like a the more economical choice.
2. Change to your winter tires at around 5 degrees Celsius, regardless of snow. Some people wait until the first snow of the season in order to change their tires. In reality, 5 degrees is when the rubber on all-season tires starts to lose grip with the road. In Calgary, we have some crazy weather fluctuations and the temperature can drop fast, so it’s best to think about it sooner rather than later. Plus, you’ll beat the rush that comes when the first snow flies!
3. Never mix and match tires. Sometimes we get asked if it is a good idea to put two snow tires on one axle and keep all season tires on the other axle. We would never recommend this. The axle with winter tires will have good grip, while the back axle with summer or all-season tires will not. The chance of loosing control is high. Turning a corner, the front tires are going to bite and grip harder than the back, swinging your car’s back end out.
4. Don’t drive with your winter tires all year round. The rubber compound in winter tires is meant for colder temperatures, and will begin to break down on warm roads. This will cause them to get worn a lot faster in summer. If you have already invested in winter tires, protect that investment and make it last. Universal Ford even offers a year-round tire storage program!
5. You don’t need studded tires for city driving in Calgary. Studded tires are recommended for extremely icy road conditions. Here in Calgary, we have snow-covered roads for a big part of winter. Non-studded tires will work best.
6. Even if you have a 4×4 truck, you still need winter tires. There is a large selection of winter tires for your 4×4 truck for a reason. 4x4s are designed to help you with acceleration and to get out of difficult terrain, but will not help you with stopping distance on icy conditions.
7. Leave changing your tires to the experts. It is always best to have a trained technician do the work on your vehicle, including changing tires. There are multiple things that can be unsafe if you were to do this without the expertise. Most places including Universal Ford can have it done within an hour.
8. When looking at tires, don’t just purchase the lowest priced set. Make sure you have the correct size for your vehicle and wheels, and that the tire carries the winter tire symbol (mountain snowflake symbol). It is always best to lean towards performance when safety is involved.
Once you know you’ll need winter tires, it is best to purchase them with your Universal Ford vehicle. We can finance the tires to you at the same low interest rate as your car! 0% financing on right now is a steal, and don’t forget those rims too!